Sunday, April 11, 2010

Roma!

....Last blog post April 1st? Really? It's been that long? My goodness, I am so sorry! Life has be crazy and its taken quite some time to edit all my pictures. BUT I am back and ready to tell you all about Rome! We took a quick 2 hour flight from London, Heathrow, (where we my mom and I met up with my dad) and then landed in the Rome airport. I was very scared when we first got their because my knowledge of Italian was "ciao" and I pretty much knew nothing else. :P Everything went smoothly though, and the language barrier really wasn't that bad on the trip. Once we arrived we met up with my classmates and our teacher gave us exactly 15 minutes in our hotel rooms before we would leave. At that moment I became SO grateful for my 3 days in London so I could adjust to the time and get some sleep, because I knew I wouldn't have made it any other way. After navigating through the Roman subway we came out and then BOOM! The Coliseum was right in front of us! It was so amazing. I really did not have time to get amazing shots because we were constantly moving, but here are some of what I was able to capture. :]


(Being the music lover that I am, I just HAD to listen to "on the wing" by Owl City on the plane ride to Rome since we were literally on the wing!)
Photobucket


Photobucket

Heheh. This is quite normal in our family. Do whatever you have to do to achive a good shot! Always look for a different & unique angle. :D
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

We had quite the paparazzi on the trip. :D
Photobucket


Photobucket

Rome has palm trees! I was so excited because I absolutely adore palm trees. ^_^
Photobucket


Photobucket

Our first night there I ordered my favorite dessert, Tiramisu! Unlike American Tiramisu it had more of a chocolate taste then coffee taste, but I still loved it!
Photobucket

With our amazing waiter. He was really nice, and did an amazing job serving such a big group! :)
Photobucket

School of Athens!! I was so excited when I saw it. Here is me with all the girls on the trip, plus my teacher's 8 year old son, Ben. :)
Photobucket

You aren't allowed to take pictures in the Vatican, so these are not that great, but i'm still glad I got some. :)
Photobucket


Photobucket

We climbed all the way up the dome and the views were amazing! One of my favorite parts of the trip was climbing all the domes.
Photobucket

Me and mah Daddy! ;)
Photobucket


Photobucket

That night everything had a blue and gold glow and it was positively stunning!
Photobucket

Photobucket

I could have taken picturs of this for at least 30 minutes, but I had about 3 seconds cause the group was moving on. :(
Photobucket

Walking around Rome that night and working on my Bokeh skills. :]
Photobucket

All the "single ladies" on the spanish steps. :P
Photobucket

We only spent 3 days in Rome but 7 days in Florence, so Florence pictures will be up soon!
Stay Beautiful,
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment